The New IP Agency (NIA), together with its testing partner EANTC, is pleased to invite all Network Functions Virtualization infrastructure (NFVi) vendors to take part in a pioneering interoperability evaluation. As part of NIA’s commitment to deliver tangible and objective information about the progress and adoption of virtualized solutions in the telecom industry, the NIA will evaluate Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) in a real-world, multivendor and independently verified environment.
As an NFVi vendor, your solution has the chance to test with other leading vendors in the field of virtual infrastructure management (VIM/NFVi) and virtual network functions (VNFs). Furthermore, multivendor management and operations interoperability is a focus as a VNF Manager (VNFM) managing a VNF (both from one the same vendor) is combined with a Virtual Infrastructure Manager (VIM) and the associated NFV Infrastructure (NFVi) from another vendor.
Our goal is to create an industry-wide matrix for service providers. NIA will publish detailed test case information together with reproducible configurations for all passing combinations, enabling communication service providers to save lab testing efforts and to accelerate deployment of NFVMs.
Project Process: NFVi Organizations
Initially we will work with NFVi organizations to install their platforms in EANTC’s lab in Berlin and facilitate remote access to their engineering team. We hope to keep the NFVi systems in our lab for an extended period of time such that several campaigns could run on the same system. NFVis could be upgraded after coordination with EANTC during the lifetime of the project.
Once the evaluations begin, we will inform each NFVi organization which VNF will be evaluated on their infrastructure and update the technical contact with high-level results.
NFVI organizations are asked to:
- Ship NFVi to EANTC’s lab
- Keep NFVi maintained in EANTC’s lab for 6-9 months
- Provide a technical point of contact
- Review results, supply assistance
Each organization will sign a contract and an NDA prior to the start of the testing.
NFVi Vendors – $19,000
NIA’s interoperability test program has been receiving immense support from Tier 1 service providers such as BT, Colt Group, Cox Communications, Deutsche Telekom and more. We envision the following benefits for your participation:
- High visibility with leading ser vice providers
- The New IP Agency and Light Reading mark eting exposure
- Objective, independent and fair platform to demonstrate y our solution’s availability
- Increases your chances to gain a foothold into ser vice provider’s labs as well as your readiness to succeed
- Neutral testing facility where all organizations and vendors are welcomed and can demonstrate interoperability
- Standardized test methodologies and deep customer requirements by the world’s leading independent test lab
How to Participate
To receive more information on how your company may contribute an NFVi to the NIA’s interoperability evaluations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.